About Bright Futures USA
Bright Futures USA is committed to supporting communities in their efforts to become more resilient through the development of community partnerships used to identify and align local resources to problem solve the greater challenges impacting today’s children and youth. Our mission is to build the resource and leadership capacity of these local communities to ensure the needs of every child are met – every day – to learn, lead and serve now and in the future.
Founded in 2011, Bright Futures USA is recognized as a national leader in the field of community resiliency and engagement. Since its inception, Bright Futures USA has established a grassroots network of over 70 rural, suburban and urban communities working together to tackle challenging issues ranging from food insecurity and attendance to mentorship and graduation rates for over 200,000 students across the country.
More than 1 MILLION volunteer hours
$13 Million +
in locally donated time, talent and treasure
What We Do
The Bright Futures Community Resiliency Framework© is grounded in three foundational principals to support the growth of our kids and strengthen the resolve of our communities.
- Create communication and resource structures to meet any child’s basic needs within 24 hours.
- Strengthening community resiliency by building the local leadership and resource capacity to improve problem solving capabilities to address the greater challenges faced by today’s youth.
- Providing opportunities for children and youth to serve the community through curriculum-based, hands-on service experiences to grow generations of service-minded citizens.
Why We Need Your Help
The future of our nation lives in the eyes of our children. Through our collective efforts we can ensure every child has the resources and relationships needed to see a future filled with hope, love and potential.
By engaging the community, we can create a learning atmosphere that enables students and teachers to focus on education and achieving success. Bright Futures USA operates under the belief that when communities invest their time, talent, and treasure in their schools, students are more likely to stay in school through graduation, have a higher degree of self-worth and confidence, and set and reach goals for the future. In turn, these students grow up to be better neighbors, quality employees, and impactful leaders in their communities.
- In the inherent worth of every child.
- Every child’s basic needs must be met in order for that child to be able to learn effectively.
- Education is critical to success
- Every community has the resources to meet the needs of every child. These resources must simply be brought together.
- Every child deserves a chance at success.
- Diversity should be celebrated.
- In the sanctity of the family unit.
- Honesty and integrity are the key to maintaining purity of mission.
- All of us are better together than any one of us alone.